How to spend the New Year


 For my first blog of 2024, I would like to talk about how to spend the New Year.

 My family orders and eats ”Osechi” every New Year's Day. There were more than 20 colorful dishes, and just looking at them made me happy. I especially like “Red and white Kamaboko” and ”Datemaki”. It included boiled and vinegared foods that I don't usually eat, but they were very delicious. Each dish in Osechi has a meaning and is filled with wishes. For example, ”black soybeans” symbolize the wish to ”be able to work in good health all year round”. In addition, ”Kazu no ko” contains a prayer for ”prosperity of descendants.” I thought that one way to enjoy osechi dishes is to think about the meaning behind them while eating them.


Osechi

What is your favorite osechi dish?

Thank you for reading my blog!!


コメント

  1. Your osechi looks so gorgeous and delicious! I simply like "Kamaboko".

    返信削除
  2. Your osechi looks so delicious. I like Kamaboko too.

    返信削除
  3. I'm Haruna. Your family's osechi looks so delicious! I like black beans very much.

    返信削除
  4. Hi, I'm Miyu. I ate osechi too! I didn't know about osechi's meaning.

    返信削除
  5. Black beans are so delicious! I hope your new year is filled by happiness!

    返信削除

コメントを投稿

このブログの人気の投稿

About me

Beautiful life

Memories of bowling